Donate and Fundraise
Annual Support-A-Walk ~ Sunday, October 1, 2023
The Support-A-Walk is our most important annual fundraiser. We rely on YOUR donations to sustain our free breast, ovarian and gynecological cancer support services. We do NOT receive funds from Relay for Life, Making Strides, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, or any other national cancer group.
We ask anyone who participates in the Walk to donate whatever amount they can. EVERY donation makes a difference! YOU make a difference!
Walk With Us, Wherever You Are
Join us at FDR State Park in Yorktown Heights, NY, or walk in your own community. Ask family and friends to join you, wherever they are.
Fundraising and donating are simple, no matter where you are!
Whether you decide to walk or not, and whether you’re near or far, you can always participate by raising funds and donating!
Note to our returning fundraisers: We are using our user-friendly fundraising tool via Network For Good again. If you participated in fundraising for our 2022 Support-A-Walk, when you click the link to start your 2023 fundraising page, you will be able to access your Network for Good account again, but you will have to set up a new page for this year’s Walk. If you did not participate last year, you will have to set up a new Network for Good account. It’s a simple process!
Frequently Asked Questions About Fundraising and Donating
- Go to our 2023 Walk fundraising home page.
- Click the button “Start fundraising.”
- Follow the steps to set up a fundraising page.
Important Notes: As you set up your page:Make a donation to your own page to get things started! Next, ask people to donate to your fundraising page. You can:
- Choose "Individual" not "Organization."
- If you have a Team, put your TEAM NAME in the "Headline." This way, your Team name will appear on your page.
- (For step-by-step instructions on setting up a fundraising page, click here.)
- Send emails to everyone you know: Write a personal note. Include the URL to your fundraising page and tell them to click on it to donate. (The URL is the address at the top of your fundraising page. It starts with https://supportconnection.networkforgood.com/projects....) Not sure what to say? Look at our sample email for ideas.
- Share on Social Media: Use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to ask your friends to donate. When viewing your fundraising page, you’ll see icons on the left for Facebook Twitter and LinkedIn. Use these to share on social media.
Login in to your Network For Good account here. Once you’re logged in, click “My Account” at the top of the page. Your fundraising page will be displayed in your account.Or, you can go to our 2023 Walk fundraising home page then scroll down to the bottom to view all the people raising funds for our Walk. Names will be listed alphabetically.
Yes! Many people use Facebook to stay in touch with family and friends. Now you can ask them - your Facebook friends - to donate to Support Connection directly on Facebook.It’s easy: Download our 1-page sheet explaining the simple steps to take to start a "Facebook fundraiser." Make sure you “like” Support Connection on Facebook too!
Supporting one of our Fundraisers or Teams is a great way to help!
To donate to a Fundraiser or Team by cash or check: Use this donation form.To donate to a Fundraiser or Team online: (*To donate to a Team, you’ll need to know the name of a person who’s raising funds for that Team.)
- Go to our 2023 Walk fundraising home page.
- Scroll down to the bottom to view all the people who are fundraising for this campaign.
- Look for the name of the fundraiser or Team member you wish to donate to. The names will be listed alphabetically.
- Click on their name, then donate to their page.
Matching Gifts: Many companies will match contributions made by their employees. This can double or even triple your donation! Ask your employer if they have a matching gift program. Support Connection is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit.
Be a Ray of Hope Champion: Meet special fundraising goals before Sept. 29, 2023 and earn Ray of Hope Status. Learn how you can be a Champion!
Hold a Fundraising Event: The first three letters of fundraising are FUN! Hold a fun event: a sporting event or tournament... a tag sale... a bake sale... the possibilities are endless! We're happy to help with tips and ideas.Tribute Message Signs: Tribute Messages are 20″ X 12″ signs we’ll display along the Walk path at FDR Park for thousands to see. They can celebrate or remember a loved one, or share a message of support from an individual or business. View a sample sign. Purchase a sign or ask others to do so. Learn more and order your Tribute Message sign.