Support Connection is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that depends on donations to fund our free, year-round services. We do NOT receive funds from Relay for Life, Making Strides, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, or any other national cancer organizations.
Ask others to donate to Support Connection
In addition to making a donation yourself, asking others to donate is a terrific way to support our mission!
You can ask people to donate in honor of your birthday, anniversary, or any occasion at all. Or, you don’t have to have an occasion. You can just ask people to give because Support Connection is a cause you believe in.
It’s easy to ask others to donate when you use one of our online fundraising tools.
Are you using Facebook to stay in touch with your family and friends? Now you can ask them – your Facebook friends – to donate to Support Connection right on Facebook.
When your friends donate to your Facebook fundraiser, the funds come directly to Support Connection.
Ask people to donate on Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Type “Support Connection, Inc.” into the search box at the top. When our name pops up, click on it to open our page.
- Click the “Fundraisers” tab. Then, where it says “Create a Fundraiser,” click “Raise Money.”
- Now, in just a few steps, you can create your fundraiser .
Once your fundraiser is set up, it’s easy for you to share with your Facebook friends and ask them to donate. Facebook will show you how.
Before you start your Facebook fundraiser, read these helpful hints to make the most of your fundraising efforts.
Firstgiving is an online tool that makes it easy to ask others to donate to Support Connection. You create your own personal online fundraising page, then send it to everyone you know. They simply click the donate button on your page, and the donation comes directly to Support Connection.
You may be familiar with using Firstgiving to raise funds for our annual Support-A-Walk. However, Firstgiving is available to you all year long!
(Important note: The following steps are for general fundraising pages on Firstgiving, not Walk fundraising pages.)
Ask people to donate through Firstgiving:
- Start at this link.
- Click “Start fundraising.”
- You’ll see “Want to create your own fundraising campaign?” Click “Create Fundraiser.”
- Login to your Firstgiving account if you have one. Or, create an account. (It is free and secure.)
- Select Support Connection as your nonprofit, then click “next.”
- Create and personalize your campaign.
Make sure to write down and save the URL for your fundraising page. (The URL is the address at the top of your fundraising page and looks like this: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/your-name/nameofyourcampaign.)
Once your campaign has been created, you can ask people to donate. The easiest method is to send an email to everyone you know. In your email, include the URL of your fundraising page. When people receive your email, they’ll click the link, see your page, and donate.
For 3 simple steps to raising funds with Firstgiving, download this one-page guide.