See below details about current open positions at Support Connection. For any questions, contact Katherine Foley, Director of Finance and Business Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Peer Counselor
- Must be a survivor of breast, ovarian or gynecological cancer.
- Must have completed cancer treatments more than 2 years ago.
- Must be able to come for in-person training at our Yorktown Heights, NY office.
- Current work environment is a hybrid model.
- Must be available to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Must have the ability and desire to provide support services to individuals who are at all stages of cancer (including diagnosis, treatment, recovery, recurrence and end of life) as well as their family members and friends.
Overview Of Position:
Support Connection seeks a dedicated, empathetic and compassionate individual, who is a survivor of breast, ovarian or gynecological cancer, to serve on our staff as a Peer Counselor. There are two other Peer Counselors on staff. Together, the Peer Counselors are responsible for direct service provision, as well as planning and implementing all services and programs offered by Support Connection. Extensive training will be provided.
This is a part-time position (21 hours per week) with full-time potential.
This is a hybrid position. Candidate must be able to work in person at our Yorktown Heights, NY office for training and then work in the office as mutually agreed upon with the other Peer Counselors.
Annual salary range: $25,000 – $30,000, commensurate with experience
Please email your resume, plus a cover letter to Katherine Foley, Director of Finance and Business Operations: email@example.com.