We currently have an opening on our staff for a full-time Peer Counselor. Details below:
- Must be a survivor of breast, ovarian or gynecological cancer.
- Must have completed cancer treatments at least one year ago or more.
- Must be able to work in person at our Yorktown Heights, NY office.
- Must be available to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Must have the ability and desire to provide support services to individuals who are at all stages of cancer (including diagnosis, treatment, recovery, recurrence and end of life) as well as their family members and friends.
- Must respect the uniqueness of each person’s situation, in order to personalize services that address his or her needs, while also maintaining confidentiality.
Overview Of Position
Support Connection seeks a dedicated, empathetic and compassionate individual, who is a survivor of breast, ovarian or gynecological cancer, to serve on our staff as a Peer Counselor.
There are two other Peer Counselors on staff. Together, the Peer Counselors are responsible for direct service provision as well as planning and implementing all services and programs offered by Support Connection. Extensive training will be provided. This is a full-time position available immediately and reporting to the Director of Services and Communication.
Annual salary range: $42,000 – $47,000 commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume, plus a cover letter that includes how you learned of the position and why you feel you’re a good fit for this role.
Send to: Katherine Foley, Director of Finance and Business Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email: Katherine Foley, Director of Finance and Business Operations: email@example.com.