Form or Join A Team
Annual Support-A-Walk ~ Sunday, October 4, 2020
Walk With Us, Wherever You Are
The Support-A-Walk is our most important annual fundraiser. We rely on YOUR donations to sustain our free breast and ovarian cancer support services. We do NOT receive funds from Relay for Life, Making Strides, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, or any other national cancer group.
We ask anyone who participates in the Walk to donate whatever amount they can. EVERY donation makes a difference!
Forming a Team is a great way to increase your fundraising potential.
This year, we invite you to walk with us, wherever you are. Ask family and friends to join you, wherever they are.
Whether you are near or far, it’s simple to form a Walk Team. Just ask others to be part of your team and raise funds with you.
Don’t forget to donate to your own Team. It’s a great way to get things started!
Frequently Asked Questions About Teams
A Team is a group of people who decide to work together to raise funds for the Support-A-Walk. They choose a Team name, then everyone on the Team seeks donations for the Team.
Each Team member reaches out to their own family, friends, co-workers and neighbors to ask them for donations for the Team.
A Team can have as many members as you’d like. If you don’t know anyone else who’s able to fundraise with you, you can be a Team of one!
Online: Each Team member creates a personal fundraising page for the Team, then shares their page via email and social media, asking people to make a secure, online donation. Donations from all Team member pages are combined for a Team total.
Offline: Each Team member asks for donations via cash or checks. They put the Team name on this Collection Form and keep track of donations they collect. Donations from all forms with the Team name are combined for a Team total.
Choose a Team name. Decide if you want to start your Team online or offline:Start a Team online:
- Go to our 2020 Support-A-Walk fundraising home page, then:
- Click “Fundraise.” Sign in or create an account.
- Choose “I want to create my own Team."
- Follow the steps to create your personal online fundraising page. The Team name will be on your page.
- Now it’s time to share your personal page with family and friends:
- Ask them to donate.
- Invite them to be part of your team: Tell them to click “Join Team” at the bottom of your page then follow the steps to create their own page. Your Team name will be on their page.
Find out if the Team is raising funds online or offline.Join an online Team:
- Search for the Team name here. Click “Join This Team,” then create your fundraising page.
- Or, search for the name of a Team member here. View their page, look at the bottom and click “Join Team,” then create your fundraising page.
- The Team name will be on your page. Share your page with family and friends, asking them to donate.
- Print this Collection Form for gathering cash and checks .
- Ask family and friends to donate.
- Write the Team name on the form and submit with your donations.
Each year’s Support-A-Walk is a separate or new event for fundraising purposes. So, any past fundraising page you had will no longer be active; you need to start a new one for this year.
But, you’re welcome to use the same Team name year after year.
Plan a fun activity together: Remember: The first three letters of fundraising are FUN! It’s easy to increase your donation total with a fun event: an online tag sale... a friends and family selfie contest... a ZOOM party - the possibilities are endless. We’re happy to help with tips and ideas.
Tribute Message Signs: Tribute Messages are 20″ X 12″ signs we’ll display on our website and social media pages for thousands to see. They can celebrate or remember a loved one, or share a message of support from an individual or business. View a sample sign. Team members can purchase signs or ask others to do so. Download an order form.
Walk as a Team: If you can, make plans to walk together. If you can't all be in the same place, you can all walk at the same time, wherever you are.
Create Team tee-shirts and a Team banner: This year, we invite you to create your OWN Walk tee shirts. Be as simple or creative as you'd like. Express your reasons for walking. It’s a wonderful opportunity to show your community and Team spirit!
Share photos of your Team: We want to see photos of your Team! If you have Team tee-shirts or a Team banner, we want to see those too! Send your photos to email@example.com.
Asking for Donations: If you’re not sure what to say, look at our sample email.
Matching Gifts: Many companies will match contributions made by their employees. This can double or even triple your donation! Ask your employer if they have a matching gift program. Support Connection, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.