ANNUAL SUPPORT-A-WALK ~ SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2017
Tips for Online Fundraisers
You don’t need to ask for large donations. You can ask a lot of people for small donations. Remember: A lot of small donations add up to make a big difference in many lives!
Fundraising is easy when you think about all the different people you can reach out to. Here are some tips to increase your fundraising using the power of numbers.
Five easy steps to raise $500
- Donate $50 to your own page.
- Ask 2 family members to donate $50.
- Ask 10 friends to donate $20.
- Ask 2 stores or businesses that you patronize to donate $50.
- Ask your boss for a company donation of $50.
You did it! You raised $500!
Five more steps to reach $1000
- Ask 3 more family members to donate $50.
- Ask 5 co-workers to donate $20.
- Ask 5 neighbors to donate $20.
- Ask 5 people from your place of worship to donate $10.
- Ask 10 people in your social circles (book club, gym, carpool) to donate $10.
Hurray! Now you’ve raised $1,000!
Team up for success
Having a Team is the simplest way to utilize the power of numbers. Just ask family and friends to join your Team. Then, they’ll raise funds with you, increasing the number of donations even more!
Don’t have a Team yet? Learn how to form or join a Team.
Already have a Team? Here’s how to invite friends and family to join it:
- Give them the URL or link to YOUR fundraising page.
- Tell them to:
- Click “Join Team” on the bottom right side of the page.
- Follow the steps to set up their own fundraising page.
- Your Team name will be on their page!
- Now they can ask people they know to donate to your Team.
Give your Team members tools for success
Help your Team members be successful fundraisers:
- Give them this link to all of our fundraising tips.
- Show them our sample email to give them ideas on how to ask for donations.
Frequently Asked Questions
I started a fundraising page but now I can’t find it.
Search for your fundraising page here.
I don’t know what a “URL” is.
The URL is the address at the top of your fundraising page and looks like this: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/your-page-name/walk2017. Include this URL in your emails. When the recipient clicks on it, your page will open up for them.
What can I do to increase my contribution?
Take advantage of Matching Gifts. Many employers will match contributions made by their employees. This can double or even triple your donation! Check here to see if your employer has a Matching Gift Program. Support Connection is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit.
I’d like to learn more about the Support-A-Walk.
It’s all here in our Support-A-Walk Overview.
I still have some questions.
Read all of our Support-A-Walk fundraising blog posts here.