Updated June 30, 2020
To all who rely on our services, and to all of our friends, supporters and community members:
These past months have been a whirlwind of constantly changing information pertaining to the spread of COVID-19. We hope you are well and weathering this storm. We want to let you know how we are responding to this, and how we will continue to be here for those who need us. We have been closely monitoring developments as they become available, as well as the directives from local and national government officials and agencies.
As a result, please make note of the following changes.
Our entire staff is working remotely. However, we continue to conduct business as usual, and to offer services as follows:
- One-on-one counseling, support and referral information continue to be available by phone and email.
- Support groups will be held by toll-free teleconference until further notice. Please note: Even if you’ve never participated in a support group before, you are welcome to register now! We have many to choose from. View them on our website. Call our Peer Counselors: 800-532-4290.
- We will not be holding any in-person educational, wellness or social programs until further notice
- We will be holding virtual programs, teleconference discussions and webinars. In fact, we continue to add new offerings to provide as much assistance as possible at this difficult time. Please check our calendar for details.
We are checking and responding to voicemails frequently. Please do not hesitate to call and leave a message! (Note: Return calls will be coming from different numbers that you may not recognize.)
We also continue to receive mail at our office. It is collected and processed regularly.
Please be assured that these decisions have been made with tremendous thought and care. The health and well-being of those we serve is our primary concern, and we want to do everything we can to insure everyone’s safety. We will maintain a close watch over ongoing developments pertaining to COVID-19 and recommendations from health and government officials.
We will keep you updated with any new developments and any changes to our plans going forward.
Remember, We’re Here to Help!
We are very aware that this is an especially difficult and stressful time. We want to assure you that, as always, you are NOT alone!
Our Peer Counselors are here for you. Please remember you can call or email them with any questions, concerns, or just to have someone to talk to:
- Call toll-free 800-532-4290. After-hours calls will be returned the next business day.
- Send an email using this link: supportconnection.org/contact-a-counselor. You will receive a response no later than the next business day.
Speaking with a Peer Counselor is, without a doubt, one of the BEST possible ways to help you through the many challenges you may face, now more than ever. Please do not hesitate!
To learn how easy and helpful it can be, read this article : One Call Is All It Takes.
Some Tools You Can Use From Home
In addition to reaching out to our Peer Counselors, here are some other tools you can use from your home:
- Listen to our recorded “Guided Meditation for Reducing Stress”
- Read the helpful articles written by our staff.
- Listen to our educational webinars on many useful topics.
- Read the informative articles written by other professionals.
- Follow our social media pages for articles, updates and more: Facebook, Instagram
- Watch your email for future updates and information.
About Our Special Events
We will be doing our best to keep our calendar and our event pages up to date with changes as things progress and change for guidelines pertaining to COVID-19.
For our signature annual events:
- Our Spring Benefit will take place on August 28, and will now be a virtual event!
- Our Support-A-Walk will take place on October 4, with a new look this year: Walk With Us, Wherever You Are. We are very excited!
- Our Golf Outing is scheduled for October 19.
We Are Grateful for Your Support
As you know, Support Connection provides all of our breast and ovarian cancer support services free of charge. At this difficult and stressful time, those dealing with these diseases will need our support more than ever.
We cannot do this without your support, which is even more important now in this time of great uncertainty. If you are in a position to make a donation to Support Connection to lend a hand, your contribution will be greatly appreciated! All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Or, you can send a check. Make it payable to Support Connection and send to: Support Connection, Inc., 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Thank you for your support!