Losing someone you love is painful and overwhelming. There is no right nor wrong way to grieve. In this webinar, Emily Laitmon, LCSW will share her expertise as a therapist and grief counselor who works with individuals and families on navigating life after loss.
This webinar addresses the following topics pertaining to grief and loss:
- Themes of loss and grief
- Exploring coping strategies
- We are all unique: Everyone deals with grief in their own way
- Life after loss: Giving yourself permission to move forward
- Honoring our loved ones, maintaining the connection
- Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries
- Family and grief
- How COVID has impacted rituals (burials, funerals, wakes, shiva)
- Question and answer period
Emily Laitmon, LCSW is a grief counselor at the Bereavement Center of Westchester. Emily works with families dealing with the loss of a child, sibling, spouse or parent, and is a group facilitator. She is also a psychotherapist in private practice, with offices in Westchester and NYC. Her practice includes bereavement/grief counseling; couple counseling; therapy with adults and adolescents; and family systems. In 2008, along with parents from her support group, she wrote a book: Our Children, Our Hearts: Journeys of Child Loss.