The Spring Benefit is our second most important fundraiser each year. Proceeds help fund our free breast and ovarian cancer support services and programs. If you are interested in sponsoring or attending a future event, contact us: 914-962-6402 or email@example.com.
2020 Spring Benefit
Our 2020 Spring Benefit will be on Friday, August 28, starting at 7 pm. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to host this as a virtual event. While we would have loved to gather in person with hundreds of people, many more people can now join us online.
It will be a beautiful presentation filled with gratitude and celebration! Proceeds from the event will help fund our free, year-round Peer Counseling program.
Here’s what we have planned for our virtual Benefit:
- We’ll introduce you to our wonderful Spirit Award honorees. Together, we will celebrate their many contributions to Support Connection.
- There will be a special performance by the Golden Apple Chorus.
- You will meet some of the people whose lives we have touched.
- Our digital Journal will be on display, filled with messages of hope and inspiration, and tributes to our honorees.
- There will be an Online Auction with beautiful prizes.
- We’ll announce the winners of our Grand Prize Raffle.
Here’s how you can join us:
We will be posting a link on this page to the virtual event. On Friday, August 28, at 6:30 pm, click on that link. The event will begin automatically, promptly at 7 pm.
Here are some ways you can participate and lend your support:
- Enter to win one of our grand prizes: Download this form, which lists all of the fabulous prizes, then fill it out and mail it to us with your payment. (Deadline: August 10)
- Bid on our online auction: We have many beautiful items for auction. Bidding will start online on August 20, with a link we’ll post on this page.
- Make a donation: Donate online, or send your check payable to Support Connection, Inc., 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Questions? Contact Melissa: 914-962-6402 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Spirit Awards
At the Spring Benefit, we will present our Annual Spirit Awards. We are proud to announce our 2020 honorees:
Maria Rubino Jennings Spirit of Caring Award
Somers Women’s Club
This award is presented in honor and memory of Maria who helped create Support Connection’s Peer Counseling program and other services. It is given to those who follow the example established by Maria: Making a positive difference in many lives through the power of caring.
Spirit of Community Award
Diane Buschel and the Golden Apple Chorus
This award is presented to honor an individual or group whose efforts and actions make a huge difference to Support Connection and the community.
Spirit of Giving Award
Spirit of Giving honorees are an inspiration to others and clearly demonstrate what it means to give of oneself.
Julie Haney Spirit of Hope Awards
Barbara Lichtenberger and Debra Wolf
This award is presented in honor and memory of Julie, who found the support she needed from our Peer Counselors. Julie exuded hope and was a bright light to all who knew her. It is given to individuals who offer inspiration to fellow cancer survivors, as Julie did. By sharing their personal stories, they empower others to reach out to us for help and encourage people to support our free services.