The Support-A-Walk is our most important annual fundraiser. We rely on YOUR donations to sustain our free breast and ovarian cancer support services. We do NOT receive funds from: Relay for Life, the Avon Walk, Making Strides, Susan G. Komen, or any other national cancer groups.
We ask anyone who attends the Walk to donate, whatever amount they can. EVERY donation makes a difference!
Walk Schedule – Rain or Shine!
9 AM: Pre-Walk Activities
- Welcome area for survivors.
- Team Photo tent: Free Team photos and entry for the Team Banner Contest.
- Enjoy music, face painting and warm-up.
10 AM: Ready, Set, WALK!
- Ribbon cutting and the Walk begins!
- Raffles with great prizes.
- Merchants with awareness merchandise to support our programs.
After the Walk
- Free refreshments and entertainment.
- Raffle drawings.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to share with friends and family.
Directions to FDR State Park:
- Taconic State Parkway: From the north or south, exit at Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park Exit.
- Or use the Route 202 entrance (opposite Loretta St.); then follow signs for parking.
- Shuttle available from parking lots to main Support-A-Walk area.
- Park information: 914-245-4434
Contact Information and Office Hours
Our Office: To turn in donations and to pick up Walk materials and tee-shirts:
Support Connection, 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
- Weekdays, 9am – 5pm
- Extended office hours:
- Saturday, Sept. 23, 9am – 2pm
- Weekdays, Sept. 25 – Sept. 29, 9am – 7pm