No Medical Advice.
The contents of the Website, such as articles, graphics, images, information from our counselors, volunteers and third party contributors (including information provided in direct response to your questions), and other material contained on the website (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. Although such Content may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Content does not create a doctor-patient relationship, and does not constitute a medical opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Use of Personal Data.
By accessing and/or using the Website, you hereby agree that:
- You will not use the Website for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; and
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Website through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Website through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means.
User Generated Content.
You may post to and/or create content on the Website (hereinafter, “User Generated Content”). Support Connection cannot and does not review all User Generated Content—Support Connection merely acts as a passive conduit for distribution of the User Generated Content to other visitors of the Website. That said, Support Connection may remove User Generated Content that does not adhere to Support Connection’s Community Guidelines, or that is offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Support Connection in its sole discretion.
As between Support Connection and you, you retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to the User Generated Content. You warrant and represent that you either own, or have a sufficient license to, all User Generated Content provided through your account. You hereby grant Support Connection an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable license to use your User Generated Content as reasonably necessary for Support Connection to provide you and other visitors with the Website.
Remember, once you submit User Generated Content through the Website, it may be accessible by other visitors of the Website, including any Personal Information included therein. Please carefully consider any User Generated Content that you submit through the Website.
By submitting any information and materials, including comments, ideas, questions, designs, and other similar communications (collectively, “Submitted Information”) to Support Connection through the Website, including without limitation, through the use of online forms or via email, you agree that any Submitted Information may be used by Support Connection for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and further posting. Further, Support Connection may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any Submitted Information you send to Support Connection for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, delivering content, developing programming, fundraising, and procuring sponsorship. By submitting any Submitted Information, you are granting Support Connection a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer and sell such Submitted Information and to use your name and other identifying information in connection with such Submitted Information.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NONE OF SUPPORT CONNECTION, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR ITS OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “SUPPORT CONNECTION PARTIES”) WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE AND IN ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM OR PROVIDED THROUGH SUPPORT CONNECTION IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. SUPPORT CONNECTION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, OR QUALITY OF WORK OF OUR DIRECTORS, STAFF MEMBERS, OTHER EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS OR THIRD PARTY CONTRIBUTORS, OR CONTENT THEY PROVIDE THROUGH SUPPORT CONNECTION.
Compliance with Applicable Laws.
The Website is based in the United States, and is intended to be used only by residents of the United States. Support Connection makes no claims concerning whether the Website and/or the Support Connection IP may be viewed or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Website and/or the Support Connection IP from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
Procedure for Claims Under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
If you believe the Website contains any content that infringes your copyright, please contact Support Connection’s Copyright Agent, as detailed below, with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the App;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
To contact Support Connection’s Copyright Agent by regular mail, please write to:
Katherine Quinn, Executive Director, Support Connection, Inc., 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
To contact Support Connection’s Copyright Agent by email, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, with COPYRIGHT NOTICE in the subject line.
How to Contact Support Connection.
You also may write to Support Connection at: Support Connection, Inc., 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598