Proceeds from our Annual Golf Outing help fund our free breast and ovarian cancer support services and programs. If you are interested in sponsoring or attending a future event, contact us: 914-962-6402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Golf Outing
The sun shone brightly at our 12th Annual Golf Outing on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. 120 golfers plus additional dinner guests enjoyed a day of golf and fundraising at The Garrison Golf Club. The event raised nearly $30,000 that will help fund Support Connection’s free breast and ovarian cancer support services.
Thanks to: Our host, Club Fit; our Business Partner Sponsors, Merrill Lynch-the Gorman Group and Merrill Lynch Bank of America; our Community Partner, Quintessential Mortgage Group; and all other sponsors, donors, golfers, and dinner guests who helped make the day a great success!
Special gratitude to:
- Our Golf Outing Committee Chair and Support Connection Board President: Michael Murphy.
- Our Golf Outing Committee: Richard Adamski, Beth Beck, Zef Camaj, Janet DeVito, Joe Foley, Jason Giordano, Raymond Kolkmann, Laurie Leahy, Bob Moore, Dennis Murphy, Marge O’Brien, James Stropoli, and Gary Wawrzycki.
- Support Connection staff who assisted with outing coordination: Marisa Giuliano, Melissa Higgins, Celeste Baccari, and Executive Director, Katherine Quinn.
- Administrative and day-of-event volunteers who worked so hard to help create an enjoyable day: Sue Andersen, Bella Chin, Ilene Cohen, Jane Crossley, Selvija Dedushaj, Claire Felder, Caroline Giuliano, Bev Haffner, Sue Johansen, Stephanie Langtry, Anna Maroselli, Phyllis Nadelhaft, Susan Petroccione, Valerie Peyronnet, Sandra Read, Jessica Schobel.
- Our volunteer photographers Morganne D’Anna and Olivia Fargiano, who did a great job capturing the spirit of the day.
- Bridget Bell, Joe Spivak, Tara, Ruben, and the staff at The Garrison for being so welcoming and providing delicious food.
At the Golf Outing, our 2017 Humanitarian Award was presented to Zef “Joe” Camaj, Manager of Houlihan Lawrence Yorktown Brokerage, a Support Connection donor and supporter for several years. Zef, having worked with our Co-Founder and Board President Emeritus, Nancy Heller, became involved with Support Connection and is always willing to jump in and help. As a member of the Golf Outing Committee, Zef has attracted new golfer and donors, helping to enhance the success of the outing.
2017 Golf Outing Photos
To see and share our photos on Facebook, click here.